WHAT IS ALTRENO?
ALTRENO (tretinoin) lotion, 0.05% is a prescription medicine used on the skin (topical) to treat people with acne (blackheads, whiteheads, and other pimples).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
It is not known if ALTRENO is safe and effective in children under 9 years of age.
ALTRENO is for use on the skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina.
What should I tell my healthcare provider before using ALTRENO?
Before you use ALTRENO, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- are allergic to fish. ALTRENO contains fish proteins. Tell your healthcare provider if you get hives or itching during treatment with ALTRENO.
- have eczema or any other skin problems.
- have a sunburn.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if ALTRENO will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if ALTRENO passes into your breast milk.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take,including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Certain medicines, vitamins, or supplements may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Tell your healthcare provider about any cosmetics you use, including moisturizers, creams, lotions, or products that can dry out your skin.
What should I avoid while using ALTRENO?
- You should avoid sunlamps, tanning beds, and ultraviolet light during treatment with ALTRENO.
- Minimize exposure to sunlight. If you have to be in the sunlight or are sensitive to sunlight, use a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or more and wear protective clothing and a wide-brimmed hat to cover the treated areas.
What are the possible side effects of ALTRENO?
ALTRENO may cause serious side effects, including:
Skin Irritation:ALTRENO may cause irritation, including skin dryness, pain, redness, and excessive flaking or peeling. If you develop these symptoms, your healthcare provider may tell you to stop using ALTRENO for a while, decrease how often you use it, or stop it altogether. Avoid applying ALTRENO to skin that is affected by eczema or sunburned.
- These are not all the possible side effects of ALTRENO.
- Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please click here for full Prescribing Information, including Patient Information.
© 2018 All Rights Reserved. ALT.0039.USA.18